Welcome from Thomson Reuters
- Amanda Cantwell Senior Editor, Practical Law - Corporate, Thomson Reuters
- Seamus Gillen FCIS – Chairperson Director, ValueAlpha
- Articulating value
- Government responses to Green Paper on governance reform
- Possible extension of the UK Corporate Governance Code to private companies
Board Effectiveness, Evaluation and Culture
- Encouraging informal evaluation and review
- Board minutes – as an accurate record of directors’ meetings versus pressure from regulators to record more detailed discussion and challenge from NEDs.
- Helping the chair/board to identify and mitigate risk
Breakout option 1: GDPR Implementation
With just under a year to go to the GDPR implementation deadline we will be considering:
- The essential aspects of a GDPR implementation programme and what steps you need to be taken now
- Guidance so far from the regulators and regulatory focus post-implementation
- Key challenges and potential solutions
Breakout option 2: Gender Pay Gap Reporting
- What do employers have to do to comply with the regulations?
- Tricky areas in practice – identifying elements of pay and marshalling the data
- Who enforces the GPG regulations?
- Best practice reporting – existing examples from employers and trade unions
- Practical measure and steps that employers can take to narrow the gender pay gap
Breakout option 1: PSC: beneficial ownership regime and 4MLD: pitfalls and challenges
- PSCs – areas causing difficulty one year on
- Are you ready for the changes to the [PSC] regime?
- How 4MLD changes the current regime
- Key changes for an Issuer to consider
Breakout option 2: Managing overseas and subsidiary company governance in a group framework
Modern Slavery Act
Modern Slavery Act: Understanding your and your company’s responsibilities
- Practical steps for businesses; policies, processes, contract terms, training
- Top-down values framework
- Get the basics right
- What’s the politics behind this – where has this regulation come from and where is it going?
- What the regulator wants to see: Be Genuine, Transparent and show Direction of Travel.
- How to do that in practice
- Specsavers case study
- The current state of play with technology
- The problems we see
- Trends in emerging technology
- Impact for Directors
- Impact for Company Secretary role
Chair’s closing words
Networking and drinks
Please note the agenda is subject to change*
The page will be updated with further details on the agenda once they are confirmed.