About the 2018 Forum
Thomson Reuters Practical Law is delighted to host the 5th Annual Financial Services Forum.
The 5th Annual Financial Services Forum will provide delegates with a timely opportunity to discuss real world examples of current challenges facing the financial services sector and to hear the views (including practical tips and solutions for managing and mitigating these challenges) of industry experts.
This year the forum reflects the huge interest in FinTech and other emerging technologies and their potential impacts on the financial services sector. Sessions will consider cryptocurrencies and potential use cases for distributed ledger technology in the FS sector (what are they and why should I care?), plus RegTech and the possible advantages to those firms looking to reduce their regulatory burdens.
Once again the agenda offers delegates a choice of topics, including;
- Transforming culture and governance: MiFID2 and SM(C)R
- Privacy, data protection and cyber security
- Legal landscape, Brexit, and passporting: what is changing and what are the likely consequences for my business?
- Competition and building an effective relationship with your Regulator
The Forum presents delegates with a platform from which to ask questions and benchmark achievements and challenges with peers.
We aim to delve deep into practical solutions for current market challenges and discuss in an open forum what risks and opportunities are being presented by the current geopolitical and regulatory landscape.
To view the 2017 website, including the agenda, speakers, sponsors and more please click here.
2017 delegates included:
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
- Baker & McKenzie
- Bluefield Partners
- Board Intelligence
- Central Bank of Ireland
- Charlemagne Capital (UK)
- Credo Capital
- Deutsche Bank
- Enrst & Young
- Farrer & Co
- Henderson Global Investors
- IntegraFin Services
- International Financial Data Services
- Jordan International Bank
- Marex Spectron
- Mayer Brown
- Norges Bank Investment Management
- Orbis Investment Advisory
- Post Office
- Royal London Group
- Self Employed*
- SG Corporate & Investment Banking
- SL Capital Partners
- Standard Life Investments
- State Street Global Markets
- Thesis Asset Management
- Think Money Group
- Treasury Legal Advisors
- Tullett Prebon Group
- Universities Superannuation Scheme