Head of information Governance/Data Protection Officer, London Borough of Lambeth
Matt is an experienced Information & corporate governance lawyer predominantly in the public sector. He is currently a DPO and Head of Service of a growing Information Governance Team.
- Having implemented information governance systems and processes at several public authorities, he has many years experience in :
- The challenges and demands of compliance with Information Law, Data Leakage, Encryption, Strategy, Data Protection, Privacy, Fraud, Security issues and third party risks.
- Advising in relation to security breach management and action taken or proposed by the Information Commissioner or individuals in relation to alleged infringement of relevant legislation
- Assisting on the specific data protection aspects of clients’ corporate and commercial transactions such as corporate due diligence, transitional services agreements and outsourcing
- He also has many years experience dealing with and advising on complex legal, regulatory and contractual requirements.
He comes from a long line of lawyers , his great grandfather having been a solicitor in the late 19 century ! In his spare time he enjoys collecting and restoring Georgian and William lV furniture.